God Bless the invention of the slow cooker... am I right ladies?! You dump all the stuff in during the kids' morning nap, and by dinner time... it's ready to eat! I am currently functioning (barely) without a crockpot... as they do not sell them in lovely Panama (at least I haven't found them yet)... and since I haven't made this recipe in quite awhile, I felt it deserved to be passed on so that others can enjoy the deliciosity (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) and simplicity of slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
1 (3 to 4 lb) boneless chuck roast
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Rolls from your local grocery store bakery!
1. Stir all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour a little into the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker (whole... you don't need to cut it up)
3. Pour the remaining sauce over the roast.
4. Turn crockpot to low setting (8 to 10 hours)
5. After 8 hours or so, use a fork and knife to shred the roast (if it hasn't already fallen apart)
6. Let stand for a few minutes before serving... sauce will thicken a little.
7. Place meat on an open roll and dig in!
This probably isn't an altogether healthy meal... so go ahead and throw some broccoli on your plate also!