3.28.2009

11:23 p.m.

That's what time it is right now. I am tired. I want to sleep. But this is Panama.

And right now, there is a 50 person marching band and parade going on right in front of my house. They are marching around the neighborhood over and over banging their drums and tooting their horns and setting off fireworks.

Is it a holiday? Probably. There are millions of them here, seems like once or twice a week. But that doesn't really matter. This kind of thing is normal... happens all the time. So as annoying as a midnight marching band and firework brigade is... we're not surprised. Not in the least!

Buenas Noches!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh man! Was it a holiday? I have no idea either. This is too funny. The town where we live is so americanized that people get upset when the dogs bark too much. I tell my husband that they live in "Panama" (in quotes) because they have no idea what living in Panama is really like...with all the noise, loud music, stray dogs, etc. Thanks for reminding me what it's really like out there. You're a trooper! :)