5.30.2008

Little Updates

It's been a busy couple of weeks without Pastor Bert & Vero. Praise the Lord, He has given Eric such a gift of the language right now... and his teachings are going well and people are being blessed by the big, tall gringo!

After the crazy night of rain I posted about previously, it continued to rain, without stopping for 4 days!!! I've honestly never experienced anything like it. The sky was so dark, that we had to turn the lights on in the middle of the day! But it was a nice respite from the hot, blaring sun... and a cool breeze even picked up in the evenings and it was delightful.

Today the rains were gone, and the blaring, horrible sun was back out. I've been put on "air conditioner restriction" by my husband, who almost had a heart attack when he opened our last electricity bill! I didn't even think I was using it that much, but let's just say that our bill was about $150 more than Bert & Veronica's bill! YIKES! So, no more air conditioner for Lindsey until after we get back from America!

We have our travel dates... pretty set I think... June 27th - July 30th. I am so incredibly excited to be home for 4 1/2 weeks!! I can't wait to see you guys at CCSFS (thanks for your emails of encouragement, and for my skype buddies, it really blesses me!) and I also can't wait to see my dear friend Faith who is 6 months pregnant! Yay! It wasn't public knowledge until a few days ago... so I've kept it hush hush, but I am so thrilled. Eric, and I, and Faith and her husband are going to spend three nights camping at Bass Lake in July, and I can't wait! Bass Lake is one of my favorite places on Earth, and I am really looking forward to 3 nights without a baby (is that wrong?)

Well, I guess I've rambled enough for one evening. It's late, and I fear I am starting to not make sense! Good night!

No comments: