2.22.2008

Mommy's Day Out


Panama City skyline

While Eric stayed home with Anna yesterday afternoon, I went into the city with the family we met from Texas. Since Eric and I don't have a car, it is very difficult to get anywhere, especially with the baby. So when I was invited to spend the day out and about, I accepted! We went to a mall that I had been to before, with stores that I can't afford to shop in! But we also went to a large grocery store called Riba-Smith (I have no idea why it's called that). This store has EVERYTHING! I found A1 sauce, corn tortillas, and even english muffins!!! It was the first time in my life that I actually enjoyed grocery shopping. The prices on most American items, however, are extremely high. Rice-a-roni boxes are $2.79!!! (At Ralphs I paid $1) A box of Cheeze-Itz (the regular, small size) was almost $5! So I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but still came home with some fun items that I can't get at the local store in Chorrera. I also snapped some fun pictures of the city from the terrace at the mall.



A view of the ocean

No comments: