2.18.2009

Stitches!!!

Our poor baby!!! Right after dinner last night, she was in the living room with Eric dancing to her video, and she slipped on the corner of the rug and cut her chin open! At first we didn't think it was a big deal, and she calmed down fairly quickly. But upon further inspection of the cut, I could see the subcutaneous yellow fat globules sticking out!!! So I called my brother for some advice, and Eric and I decided to put her down for the night and take her to the clinic in the morning.
At about 1:30 am, I couldn't sleep for some reason, and I went into to Anna's room with a small book light to look at the cut. It was gaping open even wider than before, so I woke Eric up and we went to Dr. Saturno... at 2 am! I was worried that if too much time passed, they wouldn't be able to properly stitch it up! The Doctor came out of his office rubbing his eyes (we think he was asleep!) and he laid her on the table and covered her face with a drape cloth with a small hole in it which laid over the cut. He injected her with a syringe of anesthetic, and Anna just freaked out. I was laying on top of her to keep her from flailing off the table. Then he put two stitches in her chin, and it was over. The whole thing lasted about 8 minutes, but it felt like 8 hours. My heart was just broken!
Here's the brave girl with her bandages at 2:30am!
When she woke up this morning, I got a good look at her stitches. They look great! And there is no longer stuff coming out of the sore! I'm so glad we took her in when we did, and didn't risk waiting till morning. She fell back asleep immediately and slept until 8:30! Here she is with her new stitches


4 comments:

Lauren said...

WHAT!!! O my goodness! Poor baby!

I hope she gets to feeling better! She's one tough cookie!

Blessings~

Paige said...

Poor girl! I am so glad you checked on her in the middle of the night! I bet you were all exhausted after the early morning trip to the doctor. =)

Kate said...

OH NO!!! :D So sorry to hear that...poor girl!! So glad there is someone there to HELP in time of need!! :) Hang in there....trust me, boys are even WORSE!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better and it all goes away!