2.09.2009

'Nuggy

'Nuggy [nug gee] adjective; To be cozy, comfortable, and warm despite the cold rain outside. To be wearing baggy sweats and fleece socks and being wrapped in a fluffly quilt, happiness. (synonym: snuggy)

For one solid year we have not had the opportunity to be 'nuggy. In Panama, even during the rainy season, the air is steamy with heat and humidity. The closest I've ever come to 'nugginess there is when I wake up very early, take a cold shower, and then put on my moo-moo. Yeah, it's just not the same.

So I cannot even express in words how much we are enjoying the cold, rainy weather here in Southern California. This morning, I brought fleece-PJ clad Anna into my bed with me and we wrapped up in three quilts and cuddled! (Well, I cuddled, she squirmed). I have never in all my life enjoyed the cold more than I have this weekend, and I am not anxious to get back to my tropical home!

I love to be 'Nuggy!

3 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

You are a braver woman than me! I am a big fat baby in this cold and am missing Hawaii in the worst way!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are brave LOL I can't stand this cold at all :)

Jen said...

I don't know why, but I've been enjoying the cold this winter. I posted about it here!

http://godsshiningstars.blogspot.com/2009/02/secret-of-being-content.html

I'm pretty cozy in my sweats and fuzzy socks right now!!

Jen