8.09.2007

A Pain in the Neck!

Early Monday morning, I was awakened by the sound of Anna crying from her crib. I sat up in bed, ready to go pick her up, and I felt a horrible pain radiating from my neck. I tried to turn my head, but it was too painful. I slowly lay back down and tried very hard not to move my head or neck. I have no idea how it happened, but somehow I threw my neck out during the night. Eric only had a few minutes before he needed to get to work, so I quickly dialed my mom! Eric was able to stay home for a few more hours and help with Anna, and my mom arrived at my place soon after he had left for work. Thank God for Grammys!

I was able to get a chiropractic appointment soon after my mom arrived, and he did a quick adjustment. For the rest of the day, I was basically on the couch, trying not to move... it was AWFUL! My mom ended up staying the night and helping with Anna which was such a blessing! (Thanks Mom!)

During the course of the day, we were able to snap this picture of Anna smiling at my mom! She had begun to smile a little before, but this was the biggest smile yet and the first one we were able to capture on film.


No comments: